“All Steamed Up” Event at Mannum
A gathering of working Blacksmiths in South Australia
With guest Blacksmiths from England
Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th November
An invitation is being extended to blacksmiths to join in this the second “All Steamed Up” at Mannum and the re-commissioning of the PS Mayflower.
This event brings together the largest gathering of blacksmiths in South Australia. This gathering is being fully supported by the MANNUM DOCK MUSEUM who are the primary movers of this event. The ARTIST BLACKSMITHS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA is working in full cooperation with the Museum to ensure that the event is a success. This is an opportunity to once again demonstrate that this wonderful age old craft is still very much alive. It should also be noted that Mannum commenced as a large blacksmithing community in the days of the Shearer Brothers who made agricultural machinery.
Every effort has been made to keep the costs down for attending blacksmiths and allow them to enjoy themselves and two days of forging. The following is what has been agreed to provide to each participating blacksmith:
- A single ticket to for the B-B-Q dinner to be held on Saturday 19th . An extra ticket per blacksmith can be purchased at a cost of $20.00 if you would like to bring your partner.
- Accommodation will be provided on the PS Marion for the weekend. There are 14 double cabins (bunk beds) so there may be a need to share a room. All bedding will be provided, however cabins will need to be locked as the PS Marion will be offering cruises on Saturday and Sunday. If bringing a partner we must be notified. As there is only a limited number of cabins and they will be allocated on a first in basis.
- Extra accommodation is currently being investigated and notification of this will be forwarded as soon as available.
- Forges, anvils, vices and steel will be provided. Personal forges can be used, please advise if bringing your own. Tools to be provided by individual blacksmiths.
- Optional catering: BBQ tea Friday 18th, breakfast Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th for a cost of $50.00 per person (not compulsory).
- Morning and afternoon tea will be provided for all participating blacksmiths.
- Event registration and accommodation closes 17th October 2016 :
Hope you can join the Artist Blacksmiths Assoc SA Inc and the Mannum Dock Museum to make this event very special for the State and to relive the town’s blacksmith origins.