Last edited May 19th 2020 – by Rob Kenning
Latest:- COVID-19 NEWS
We shall commence our weekly cycle of Tuesday and Saturday openings and Doris Blacksmithing days commencing Tuesday 26th May. Operation and Participation will be according to the following list of Musts.
· There will be a limit of Ten(10) Members Maximum on site at any given time.
· Social Distancing rules of 1.5 meters separation to be strictly observed. If you are not prepared to work under these conditions do not attend.
· As we have 200 Sq meters of floor space the per meter age formula is easily observed.
· Strict Hygiene of participants and tools and equipment are to be observed
· Places at any forging day must be pre booked with the supervisor of the day who will decided when the books are closed . contact with the nominated supervisor is to be done preferably via phone but email is acceptable.
· A registration sheet is to be filled in on the day of attendance. It only requires your name and telephone number. These sheets will be kept on site and will only be accessed in the case of an infection.
· If you are unwell especially with respiratory symptoms do not attend.
· Attendance is strictly for members only. There will be no come and try days until further restrictions are eased
The first course for 2020 started but was put on hold until it is ok to restart. Merv Lewis has kept in contact with the current course and future students.
The first course will recommence on June 10th.
Supervisors and contact numbers.
A new roster is being drawn up and details available shortly.
Supervisors for the first few weeks.
Doug Carruthers Tuesday 26th May and Tuesday 2nd June
Wayne Bickley Saturday 30th May
Phone 0412 598 220
Kirstie Stewart Sunday 31st. Doris Day
Chris Fuller June 6th (Long Weekend)
Phone 0419 500 882. More to come
Forging Fee and Coke.
There has been a substantial increase in the price of forging coke. As a consequence the forging fee will increase from $12 to $15. Effectively immediately.
A bag of coke now costs $35.00 . we have a limited number on site.
The new wet area is nearing completion and is currently being Tiled. It will be operational for Tuesday 26th.
A huge thank you to those people who have been able to help during these difficult times.
2019 -2020 Committee members
A new committee has been voted in for the 2019 -2020 period.
A.B.A.S.A’s new committee comprises the following members:
PRESIDENT -Doug Carruthers.
VICE PRESIDENT – Kirstie Stewart.
SECRETARY – Angela Cameron
ASSISTANT SECRETARY – Chris Fuller
TREASURER -Brian Dreyer.
Congratulations to all.
Wand forging Workshop
ABASA Instructor -John Fergus will be holding a Wand forging workshop on Sunday the 30th June 2019. We have limited spaces available with the cost set at $15 -which includes materials.
Start time: 10 am till 3 – 4 pm
To register for this workshop, contact Doug Carruthers by SMS or email email@example.com
Mobile: 0409 719 420
The partner of our late A.B.A.S.A member, Peter Clarke, has a selection of his books on Blacksmithing up for sale.
If you are interested in purchasing any of the books, contact our Secretary, Doug Carruthers at firstname.lastname@example.org
for a contact number.