Membership is open to anyone interested in Blacksmithing
Some of the advantages of becoming a member of A.B.A.S.A.
- Advice and guidance from highly experienced blacksmiths from within our membership, assisting you to develop your skills in the art of forging iron.
As well as access to the following:-
- A well-developed workshop forge, open 4 days a month.
- Access to numerous country forges.
- Participate in major country events and demonstrations.
- Access to our latest newsletter ’The Bellows’.
- Access to A.B.A.N.A’s affiliate members newsletters.
- Blacksmith Craft library resources.
- Website ‘Members section’ with Training notes and Tutorials.
- Fuel coke at members prices.
- Advanced forging skills classes.
- Master classes at members prices.
- Automatic enrolment into the Penfield Sports Association.
We have 3 levels of Membership
Full Member – a full financial member of our association with access to all facilities and full voting rights.
Associate Member – As above but restricted to less than 6 days forging days attendance per year.
Web Subscriber – A non-voting member granted access to reference and training materials on this site.
Membership fees are due in July each year. Download your Membership application form here
- 12 Months Full Membership is $120 + a once off Admin Fee of $10
- 12 Months Associate Membership is $90 + a once off Admin fee of $10
- 12 months Web Subscription – $35 – Register with us Here
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR NEW MEMBERS
A MEMBERSHIP FORM MUST BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED. The form can be posted or emailed to the Secretary.
The Secretary, PO BOX 430, Blackwood, S.A. 5051
or a scanned copy of your membership form can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we are currently configuring an electronic financial facility on this site for all account transactions. Until then, if you wish to pay for your membership via bank transfer, the BSB and Account details can be requested via SMS on 0428 858 833
Alternatively, you are welcome to attend one of our monthly meetings and bring along your completed form and remittance.
* Any persons below the age of 16 years old would require parental approval prior to joining us and a parent or legal guardian present during attendances.
* Members joining prior to the new financial year can pay $10 for each month up to July including the ‘one off’ $10 Admin Fee. The full fee is then required at the beginning of the new financial year.
* Members renewing, or joining for the first time, can spread the payments over two payments over a three month period.
*Associate membership is suited for Interstate members, Commonwealth Card holders, Full time Students under 25 years and other special circumstances.