Updated January 12th 2021 – by Rob Kenning
Latest:- COVID-19 NEWS
ABASA Monthly Meetings:- As of January 2021
Please note that the dates of our General Meetings for 2021 are still listed under EVENTS. However, we are unable to use our venue at the Elephant & Castle Hotel, as we do not have the capacity to hold our typical membership numbers.
The ABASA Committee will discuss this issue at the next Committee meeting and locate a suitable alternative space that can hold the numbers safely.
The President and/ or the Secretary will email our membership of the details in due course. Thank you for your understanding and patience. –Rob Kenning
We shall commence our weekly cycle of Tuesday and Saturday openings and Doris Blacksmithing days commencing Tuesday 26th May. Operation and Participation will be according to the following list of Musts.
· There will be a limit of Ten(10) Members Maximum on site at any given time.
· Social Distancing rules of 1.5 meters separation to be strictly observed. If you are not prepared to work under these conditions do not attend.
· As we have 200 Sq meters of floor space the per meter age formula is easily observed.
· Strict Hygiene of participants and tools and equipment are to be observed
· Places at any forging day must be pre booked with the supervisor of the day who will decided when the books are closed . contact with the nominated supervisor is to be done preferably via phone but email is acceptable.
· A registration sheet is to be filled in on the day of attendance. It only requires your name and telephone number. These sheets will be kept on-site and will only be accessed in the case of an infection.
· If you are unwell especially with respiratory symptoms do not attend.
· Attendance is strictly for members only. There will be no come and try days until further restrictions are eased
The dates for the courses of 2021 will be posted shortly. Stay tuned.
Forging Fee and Coke.
There has been a substantial increase in the price of forging coke. As a consequence, the forging fee will increase to $15(effective immediately)
A bag of coke now costs $35.00. we have a limited number on site.
The new wet area is nearing completion and is currently being tiled. It will be operational on Tuesday 26th.
A huge thank you to those people who have been able to help during these difficult times.
2020 -2021 Committee members
A new committee has been voted in for the 2020 -2021 period.
A.B.A.S.A’s new committee comprises the following members:
PRESIDENT -Doug Carruthers.
VICE PRESIDENT – Kirstie Stewart.
SECRETARY – Angela Cameron
PUBLIC OFFICER – Chris Fuller
TREASURER -Brian Dreyer.
COURSE COORDINATOR -Kirstie Stewart
Congratulations to all.
The partner of our late A.B.A.S.A member, Peter Clarke, has a selection of his books on Blacksmithing up for sale.
If you are interested in purchasing any of the books, contact our Secretary, Doug Carruthers at firstname.lastname@example.org
for a contact number.